What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to work for a BEL20 stocklisted company with headquarters in Brussels;
- A challenging role with high exposure and where you will be closely involved in Ageas’s growth strategy;
- The opportunity to further develop yourself and to be part of a great team at a Top employer in Belgium;
- A dynamic, multicultural working environment;
- A corporate culture where you are encouraged to share your views and opinions;
- A flat organizational structure with close collaboration and communication with management and cross departments;
- An extensive range of learning & development;
- An interesting and extensive salary package (including meal vouchers, eco vouchers, hospitalization, disability and group insurance, additional child benefit, mobile allowance and intervention in the internet reimbursement, ...);
- The possibility to optimize part of your salary package through a flexible income plan;
- The possibility of (maximum 50%) home working.
What your future may hold
- You will work on a wide variety of (mainly international) M&A transactions, e.g. acquisitions, mergers, joint ventures, corporate restructurings, divestitures and spin-offs. You will also assist in the ongoing support of Ageas’ joint venture relationships across the Group. As a member of the M&A Legal team you will be involved early on in these transactions and will be advising on a broad range of matters in a very international context.
- Your work will include the preparation of briefings to Group corporate bodies, management of external counsel, responsibility for legal & compliance due diligence processes and negotiation of transaction documents, all in close cooperation with other functions of the Group as well as the Group’s regions and operational companies, whom you will also support with the negotiation of legal documents and the impact of regulatory changes.
- You will develop your knowledge on insurance M&A and corporate transactions in both a European and Asian context.
- You will work with the Group’s treasury department on ad-hoc financial/treasury-related matters, e.g. capital increases, dividend distributions, issuance of various debt instruments, intra-group loan arrangements, etc.
- Occasional business travel may be required.
- You have obtained a Belgian Master of Laws degree.
- You have at least 5 years of transactional experience in a reputable and internationally oriented law firm or equivalent in-house counsel experience.
- You have full professional proficiency in English. A very good knowledge of Dutch and/or French is a strong asset.
- You are interested in and enthusiast to learn about insurance M&A, including in the exciting and challenging environment of emerging markets.
- You derive energy from working within different cultural environments.
- You have strong analytical legal skills, but you are also pragmatic and able to translate your legal analysis into clear and crisp business relevant advice.
- You are a good communicator and a team player who enjoys sharing knowledge and working together with peers and outside parties, while being able to function autonomously and to take on responsibilities.
- You are dynamic and creative, proactive and solution driven.
Ageas is a listed international insurance Group with a heritage spanning close to 200 years. It offers Retail and Business customers Life and Non-Life insurance products, and Ageas is also engaged in reinsurance activities.
Its customers are at the heart of its business, and its products and services are designed to anticipate, manage, and cover its risks through a wide range of solutions designed for their needs, both today and in the future.
As one of Europe's larger insurance companies, Ageas concentrates its activities in Europe and Asia, which together make up the major part of the global insurance market. It operates successful insurance businesses in 14 countries (Belgium, the UK, France, Portugal, Turkey, China, Malaysia, India, Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Singapore, and the Philippines) through a combination of wholly owned subsidiaries and long-term partnerships with strong financial institutions and key distributors.
Ageas ranks among the market leaders in the countries in which it operates. Every day, more than 45,000 skilled and committed employees are at the service of nearly 45 million customers.
Ageas has at its foundation a set of core values - Care, Dare, Deliver, and Share – representing who Ageas is and how it works. Ageas has been re-certified as Top Employer in 2023, standing out in particular for its career opportunities, continuous learning & development, sustainability and strong employee empowerment.
Apply immediately via the website or contact Fien Stepman for more information.
Contact Fien by mail: email@example.com or call +32 486 92 94 38.
When you apply, we will keep your CV and other personal data you give us in our database in accordance with our privacy notice.
This vacancy is in exclusive cooperation with YouConnect | Partners for legal & HR talent.