Azelis is a leading global innovation service provider in the specialty chemicals and food ingredients industry. Throughout its history Azelis provides much more than pure distribution services to these respective markets. Azelis makes markets moving forward by breaking new ground in their technical laboratories by combining ingredients with ideas and creating opportunities through innovation.
The group has a presence in 57 countries around the world and has more than 3,000 employees worldwide.
Azelis is listed on the Euoronext Brussels stock exchange since September 2021.
To strengthen the legal team in the EMEA region, Azelis is currently looking for a Regional Legal Counsel Europe who will support the business with expert legal advice on a broad range of matters.
You will have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Active involvement in the preparation and execution of M&A and special projects;
- Draft, negotiate and administer distribution and other commercial agreements;
- Manage the corporate legal and governance affairs of the European entities;
- Perform general litigation management and provide legal assistance with third party claim handling;
- Ensure the roll-out and maintenance of the group’s compliance policies and procedures within Europe;
- Provide and ensure appropriate training on relevant legal and compliance matters;
- Assist with specific insurance requirements in the region in conjunction with global programs; and
- Work closely with the Regional Legal Counsels within the region as well as the corporate legal team;
You will report to the General Counsel EMEA.
- You have a Master degree in Law with minimum 5 years of relevant experience as an in-house legal counsel in a corporate legal department or as an attorney in a recognized law firm;
- You have gained experience in a variety of corporate, commercial, transactional and competition work within Europe. Drafting and negotiating of cross-border agreements is a key competence; expertise in data privacy is a plus.
- You are a self-reliant teamplayer, confident to act autonomously and take responsibility for counselling, negotiating and resolving legal matters;
- You have a sense of ownership and drive;
- You are a successful relationshipbuilder and you are able to deal with all levels in the organization;
- You have an excellent knowledge of English. Other languages are a plus;
- You are open to travel occasionally; and
- You have a good sense of humour.
- The opportunity to be part of an experienced legal team in a truly international and fast-growing Belgian company;
- The possibility to work in a multi-cultural environment that stimulates personal development and entrepreneurship;
- The chance to have a direct impact on the business in the Europe and to actively contribute to the development of the legal department;
- You will have the possibility to work from home two days a week; and
- A competitive renumeration package.
Apply immediately with the Apply Button or contact Sylvie Gerlo for more information.
Contact Sylvie by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +32 486 93 09 93.
When you apply, we will keep your CV and other personal data you give us in our database in accordance with our privacy notice
This vacancy is in exclusive cooperation with YouConnect | Partners for legal & HR talent.