Euroclear is a global provider of market infrastructure services that provides settlement, safe-keeping and servicing for a range of securities, including bonds, equities, derivatives and investment funds. By connecting over 2,000 financial market participants across the globe and ensuring that securities transactions are processed safely and efficiently, Euroclear reinforces the efficiency of the financial markets.
Euroclear is a people-oriented organisation with a renowned reputation in the global markets. As the trusted provider of post-trade services, Euroclear connects participants from across the globe and ensures the transfer of money and securities.
With over 3,800 people based around the world, Euroclear has a culture of high performance and continuous development where every employee can grow and thrive.
As a member of the legal division of the Euroclear group holding company and, in particular, as a member of the Euroclear Bank core legal team, you will provide legal support to Euroclear Bank.
Your main responsibilities will be to provide legal advice and support on a wide range of matters and to handle legal and regulatory issues related to the operations of and services provided by Euroclear Bank, focusing on Euroclear Bank's global custody services, new issuances, fund services and asset servicing. You will mainly support Euroclear Bank’s operational departments (across business lines) and its network management team. You will do so in close collaboration with business clients and other lawyers.
As senior legal advisor within the Euroclear Bank core legal team, your tasks will include:
- providing general legal support to the internal clients ranging from client onboarding, handling of claims and punctual questions in a multi-jurisdictional context;
- drafting and negotiating contracts with counterparts (custody and cash correspondent agreements, NDAs and agreements with local central securities depositories, service providers, etc) and clients;
- advising (internal) clients and management on the applicable legal framework in and outside Europe with an emphasis on asset protection, securities, funds and capital market regulations;
- contributing to the creation and enhancement of services offered by Euroclear Bank: from conceptualisation, documentation and delivery in production to a continuous evolution of services in an ever-changing environment;
- cooperating with other lawyers of the legal division on matters relevant for one or more entities of the Euroclear Group;
- building and providing training and guidance to Euroclear staff on legal matters.
- You obtained a European Master in Law;
- You have at least 7 years of relevant experience in the capital markets and/or the financial industry gained in an in-house legal division of a financial institution or in a law firm;
- You are fluent in English. Working proficiency in French, Dutch or German is a plus;
- You have strong legal analytical skills;
- You are flexible, proactive and able to deliver high quality legal advice and support in a multi-jurisdictional and challenging environment, in a timely, pragmatic, cost efficient and effective way;
- You are eager to learn and willing to build a solid understanding of the business;
- You are a true team player and create a positive dynamic.
- You will work at the heart of an international business;
- You will have the chance to be part of an organisation that plays a key role in ensuring the stability and efficiency of financial markets globally;
- You will be part of a vibrant and truly inspiring multicultural company where you can thrive;
- You will have plenty of possibilities to learn and grow as a professional;
- You can have an impact on the heart of the banking and financial sector;
- You will join a dynamic and diverse team of lawyers with a great teamspirit;
- On top of that, Euroclear offers you an interesting salary package with fringe benefits.
Apply immediately with the Apply Button or contact Fien Stepman for more information.
Contact Fien by mail: email@example.com or call +32 486 92 94 38.
When you apply, we will keep your CV and other personal data you give us in our database in accordance with our privacy notice.
This vacancy is in exclusive cooperation with YouConnect | Partners for legal & HR talent.