Arval, founded in 1989 and part of BNP Paribas Group, offers its clients and drivers the best mobility solutions to meet the challenges of today and the future. Arval can count on 7.500 employees in 30 countries worldwide to make their clients’ trips and journeys as seamless and sustainable as possible, regardless of their field – from multinationals to self-employed and private indivuduals, whatever mobility solution they need and whatever stage of their lives they are at.
Arval keeps a close eye on social developments in terms of mobility: new technologies, fleet electrification, stricter regulations, the role of cars in towns and cities, evolution from ownership to use, the emergence of the circular economy, the need for environmental protection, et cetera.
Working at Arval means evolving all the time. It is about making the most of your talents and developing on a personal and professional level.
As a Data Protection Manager at Arval, you will be at the heart of the continuous Data improvement process while being the first line of defense (LoD1) stakeholder for personal data protection. You are the key contributor to the value chain around data and you will be a good partner of Legal, Risk, IT and Compliance stakeholders.
The Data Protection Manager is responsible for leading and ensuring the effective implementation of data protection management and compliance in the LoD1 in close and transversal cooperation with local management, Human Resources and IT. The Data Protection Manager will be responsible for Data Protection in Arval Belgium and Arval Luxembourg.
The main missions are as follows:
- You will implement the personal data protection framework and set guidelines and operational policies according to Group Policies;
- You provide and ensure employees privacy trainings and promote data protection culture;
- You coordinate and lead the operational implementation within its perimeter, and ensures the efficiency of the local framework for
- proper and timely information and management of data subjects requests and complaints,
- third party management process including cross border transfer
- first level of control on data protection topics
- completion of Data Protection Impact Assessments;
- You lead and coordinate the whole process of Data Leakage Prevention and Personal Data Breaches Management;
- You identify high risk processing activities and perform Privacy By Design and Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) of new products, activities, projects, major modifications of existing processing;
- You advise, support and provide information and data to the ARVAL DPO Network;
- You manage the action plans/corrective measures within the entity by its identification, prioritization and coordination of efforts.
- You have a Master degree in Law and a proven working experience (of minimum 3 years) in Data Privacy Law (DPO certification is a plus);
- You like processes and systems and are good in leading others towards excellence, in a pragmatic and efficient way;
- You are curious and like to contribute to the improvement of the existing;
- Autonomous, you like working with others and are not afraid to do things also by yourself;
- You feel at ease in every situation and environment and you are well organized;
- Solving issues, pushing and pulling colleagues are part of your DNA;
- Sharing and communicating are features of your temper and the new IT & digital tools are obviously natively into your own tool box;
- You have very good analytical skills;
- You are prepared to travel occasionally;
- You are have an excellent command of English and of Dutch or French.
- The possibility to join a highly motivated team and be part of a big international group
- The possibility to work in a very dynamic environment adapting continuously to the changing needs of the customers
- Realistic internal career opportunities
- Flexibility in organizing your work
- A highly competitive renumeration package
Apply immediately with the Apply Button or contact Fien Stepman for more information. Contact Fien by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +32 486 92 94 38.
When you apply, we will keep your CV and other personal data you give us in our database in accordance with our privacy notice.
This vacancy is in exclusive cooperation with YouConnect | Partners for legal & HR talent.