Schréder is an international company with headquarters in Brussels, Belgium. The Schréder Group is active in more than 50 countries spread over the whole world and employs worldwide 2.600 employees.
It is a Belgian family owned company that represents an increasing yearly turnover of close to 500 Mio €. The Group is passionate about light and innovation and is an expert in the design and development of outdoor lighting solutions. In its activities Schréder attachs great importance to sustainability and business ethics.
Schréder shares the conviction that quality outdoor lighting solutions contribute in a sustainable way to the well-being of the urban and rural communities where they have been implemented. Schréder creates practical, sustainable and innovative lighting solutions tailored to locations such as Brussels’ Grand Place, Rome's Coliseum and the Channel Tunnel.
In order to strengthen its central legal team, Schréder wishes to hire a Regional Legal Counsel Europe, who will provide legal support to the Schréder business in Europe and will work from its office in Brussels.
As Regional Legal Counsel, you will provide legal support to the Schréder business in Europe and play a pivotal role in the roll out of global programs and projects.
More specifically, your tasks will include:
- Providing legal advice on public procurement related activities and participating in multi-disciplinary task forces for public tenders
- Negotiation, drafting, analysis, and review of various commercial agreements (distribution, agency, license, leases, services, etc.)
- Management of litigation in close cooperation with local lawyers
- Incorporation/liquidation, acquisitions and (de)merger of companies
- Corporate governance regarding subsidiaries in the region
- Advising the subsidiaries on a variety of legal matters relating to e.g. competition law, GDPR, financing solutions and HR matters in order to harmonize good legal practices
- Contribute to elaborate various internal policies and procedures
- Risk management
- Provide training and guidance to the business
You will work closely with and directly report to the Chief Legal Officer. You will be part of a diverse legal team with enthusiastic and experienced colleagues that will support you in further developing your talents.
- Master degree in Law (European jurisdiction) and relevant experience of minimum 8 years as an outside lawyer and/or as an inhouse legal counsel in an international environment
- You have experience with public procurement, corporate law and commercial contracts (drafting and negotiating) and notions of competition law
- Experience in litigation is a strong asset
- You are fluent in English and have a good command of French. Additional European languages (Spanish, German, Dutch, Polish,…) are an asset
- You are customer focused, solution oriented and ensure timely follow-up with a sense of urgency
- You are flexible regarding working hours
- You have strong organizational and project management skills to enable management of multiple projects
- You are a team player and able to work independently and autonomously
- You are open minded, a good listener, easily approachable and appreciative of cultural differences
- You are able to analyze and advise on complex legal matters and to communicate clearly and effectively to all levels within and outside the company
- You have a business ethical mindset
- You are prepared to travel on an occasional basis
- Become part of the central legal team of a successful group with headquarters in Belgium and with worldwide activities
- Get the great opportunity to develop and broaden your career and to work in an international context that is driven by passion and entrepreneurship
- Be part of a family business culture that values integrity, respect and working together
- Take ownership of your own agenda in a hybrid working environment
- Work in a dynamic international and growing company with frequent interactions with the business
- A competitive remuneration package including company car and attractive extra-legal advantages
Apply immediately with the Apply Button or contact Diether Vandenbussche for more information.
Contact Diether by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +32 477 22 95 52.
This vacancy is in exclusive cooperation with YouConnect | Partners for legal & HR talent.