Verlinvest is an international, evergreen investment company, backed by families who have together built some of the world’s largest consumer brands. Verlinvest focuses on growth-stage companies in FMCG, health and care, and digital platforms which are restless to accelerate growth. It invests in category-defining brands that will positively impact the consumer sector for many years to come, with brands such as Oatly, Tony’s Chocolonely and Vita Coco.
Verlinvest was established in 1995, has offices in New York, Brussels, London, Mumbai, and Singapore and has about 40 employees. Its investment team consists of consumer specialists with a long-term, operational mindset geared to building and accelerating brands, ultimately helping entrepreneurs convert their vision into global success stories. Please also have a look at www.verlinvest.com.
You would become the Corporate & Legal Affairs Manager within the legal department of a global investment company that is focused on driving consumer revolutions. You are eager to support Verlinvest’s headquarter functions, the corporate life of its group constituents and the M&A processes. You would interact a lot with very motivated, dynamic and talented people in diverse geographies. The legal team is currently composed of 4 members, one of which you will be replacing.
You will be supporting or leading in a wide variety of matters, including:
- Corporate Legal Affairs (50%)
- Ensuring the group’s compliance with its corporate housekeeping obligations and with management decisions taken (organize corporate meetings, oversee annual closings, draft board minutes and shareholders’ resolutions, update articles of association and UBO registers, file appropriate publications, etc.);
- Reviewing, editing, negotiating and following-up of labor, consultancy, IT, insurance, lease and other contracts for all Verlinvest jurisdictions,
- The creation, operation and reorganization of subsidiaries;
- Developing and overseeing document management and reporting formats;
- Drafting and managing intercompany contracts.
- Compliance (40%)
- Managing KYC, AML, UBO, CRS and similar requests of counterparties of all kinds;
- Assuring the group’s compliance with any regulatory obligations;
- Covering insurable risks and defining adequate risk policy;
- Internal risk and compliance reporting;
- Creating and managing policies and compliance trainings for the Verlinvest personnel;
- Managing the corporate calendar, including key dates at portfolio level;
- Internal decision, signature and payment processes.
- Other (10%)
- Reviewing, negotiating and editing supporting documents which go along with M&A processes (NDA, engagement letters, release letters, W&I insurance, etc.);
- Assisting the investment team in connection with due diligence, financing and structuring of the M&A transactions;
- Fostering relationships with service firms that are of relevance to Verlinvest and its activities;
- Management of dedicated projects.
- You have a master degree in Law;
- You have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in an international business environment;
- You have expertise in corporate housekeeping (in Belgium is a plus) and you are willing to explore new subjects;
- Expertise in compliance (KYC, AML and UBO) is nice to have;
- You are proficient in English and French;
- You have the ability to communicate clearly and simply;
- You are able to work within and with teams (i.e. Verlinvest’s legal, investment, finance and HR teams);
- You are an autonomous and a pro-active problem solver who gets things done;
- You have a high commitment, a sense of urgency and an eye for detail, without losing sight of the global picture and the necessity to find solutions;
- You demonstrate loads of common sense and conviction;
- You are polyvalent and reliable;
- You have good organizational skills and you are able to set priorities.
- You will be part of a dynamic and creative team in an international investment company;
- which is brand-minded and consumer focused, emphasising sustainability;
- A job with a lot of variety and with personal development opportunities;
- You will have the possibility to work from home;
- On top of that, Verlinvest offers you an attractive salary package.
Apply immediately with the Apply Button or contact Sylvie Gerlo for more information.
Contact Sylvie by mail: email@example.com or call +32 486 93 09 93.
When you apply, we will keep your CV and other personal data you give us in our database in accordance with our privacy notice.
This vacancy is in exclusive cooperation with YouConnect | Partners for legal & HR talent.