Our client, Lineas, is the largest private rail freight operator in Europe. Lineas convinces companies to shift the transport of their goods from road to rail. Because that's much better for the climate and mobility. They make this Modal Shift a reality with the best train products and innovative services.
Our client is now looking to strengthen their Legal department with a Senior Legal Counsel, based in Brussels, to support the commercial unit.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts (transport contracts, partnership agreements,…), in close cooperation with the business;
- Providing solution oriented legal advice on all matters in scope to enable proper monitoring, management and mitigation of the legal risks;
- Identifying, defining and developing standards in documentation and work flows to enable efficiency in the way of working of/with the legal function;
- Assisting in the settlement of disputes and where needed initiating and following up on complex litigation files;
- Providing relevant legal training to the business;
- Developing legal expertise in specific domains relevant to the business.
- In this role you will act as a true business partner for the commercial unit and you will have the opportunity to interact with people at all levels of the organization (e.g. ExCo members) as well as with other members of the legal team and external contacts.
You will report to the General Counsel.
- You obtained a Master in Law
- You have at least 7 years of experience as an in-house lawyer in an international environment, specialized in drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts (transport contracts, partnership agreements, ,…)
- You have excellent contract reviewing and drafting skills
- You are assertive
- You are able to think strategically
- You have an excellent knowledge of Dutch, French and English (spoken and written)
- You have strong communication skills (able to translate complex legal matters into comprehensible language within a business community)
- You are dynamic, pro-active and solution oriented
- You are integer
- You value diversity
With Lineas, you will have the opportunity to develop your career in a fast growing and international company:
- You will be part of a team of passionate colleagues who will make the Modal Shift a reality
- You will receive an attractive salary with attractive fringe benefits
- We give you a personal training and all the coaching you need to get started
- Afterwards, you will be given every opportunity to further develop your talents
- You are allowed to work autonomously and independent of time - even from home or on location when it suits you best
- You will end up in a young and energetic company. Things are moving fast at Lineas and a lot is always changing. That opens up permanent perspectives for your career.
Apply immediately with the Apply Button or contact Stéphanie Verhaegen for more information.
Contact Stéphanie by mail: email@example.com or call +32 476 39 40 50.
When you apply, we will keep your CV and other personal data you give us in our database in accordance with our privacy notice.
This vacancy is in exclusive cooperation with YouConnect | Partners for legal & HR talent.