MS Amlin is part of a global top-10 insurance group MS&AD, with three main legal entities’ operating in the Lloyd’s, UK, Continental European and Bermudian markets. They have an enviable reputation for their customer knowledge, claims service and the specialist insurance and reinsurance expertise they apply. They provide the type of security leading organisations need to break new ground, innovate and offer life-changing services and amenities to some of the world’s most challenging regions. Their record extends back over 300 years and today they have more than 1800 people in more than 20 locations worldwide.
MS Amlin Insurance SE (MS AISE) is a long standing local specialty insurer. Their strategy is ‘to provide efficient knowledge-based service propositions to their commercial clients based on a dual distribution model (Bespoke and Streamed line business)’. Their corporate (international) approach and an efficient proposition for the SME clients (supported by digitalisation initiatives) will be key to reach their final goal. Their Marine business is delegated to their sister company MS Amlin Marine NV (MSAM NV).
The Deputy Company Secretary and Regulatory Affairs analyst will assist the company secretarial and the compliance function in their duties. The role will report to the MS AISE Company Secretary. The Company Secretary is part of the wider Compliance and Risk function within MS AISE and MSAM NV.
Your main tasks will include e.g.:
- Address corporate governance and compliance matters and act as point of contact for the business in respect of company secretary and regulatory affairs queries;
- Provide company secretarial support to designated Boards and Committees including but not limited to organizing the agenda, the collection, distribution of papers (electronically via Diligent Boardbooks) and minuting such meetings in order to facilitate effective meetings and taking action points, acting as deputy for the Company Secretary;
- Review and draft necessary resolutions, agreements and other documents for company secretarial or compliance matters resolutions, and powers of attorneys;
- Assist with the dissemination of compliance information and prepare regular Compliance updates for Board and Management committees;
- Assist in establishing and maintaining company secretarial and compliance registers;
- Support management on appropriate regulatory permissions;
- Review/update of the registrations at Trade Registries in different EU countries.
- You hold a Master Degree in Law, Economics or Business Administration, or equivalent through experience;
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a Company secretarial / Compliance role or relevant experience within a Law firm;
- You have an excellent knowledge of Dutch and English (spoken and written). French is a plus;
- You have a good knowledge of legislation and regulation applicable to the insurance industry, or the ability and willingness to gain such knowledge;
- You have strong written and oral communication skills;
- You are a logical thinker, punctual and able to set priorities;
- You have an organisational talent and an eye for detail;
- You are a problem-solver, decisive and able to work under pressure of deadlines;
- You have Basic IT skills for maintaining the compliance and company secretary registers (Diligent Boardbooks, DocuSign);
- You are willing to travel (within Europe).
MS Amlin is committed to taking a flexible approach to working, with a Work Life Better scheme to allow their employees more control over when and where they work, while still continuing to meet their client demands. This flexible approach continues into their benefit scheme, with a competitive package and attractive lifestyle fund.
Apply immediately with the Apply Button or contact Fien Stepman for more information.
Contact Fien by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +32 486 92 94 38.
When you apply, we will keep your CV and other personal data you give us in our database in accordance with our privacy notice.
This vacancy is in exclusive cooperation with YouConnect | Partners for legal & HR talent.