Monument Re is a Bermuda based reinsurer and consolidator with a proven track-record of successfully acquiring and operating portfolios or direct insurers in Europe, primarily those in run-off. Monument Re focuses on annuity, guaranteed savings or protection product lines. At all times, they are mindful of the impact of acquisitions or transfers on staff and policyholders and seek to work with the seller in these situations.
Monument Belgium represents a key area of focus for the group where they have completed a number of acquisitions from a range of counterparties which collectively establish an excellent platform for further growth.
As a Compliance Analyst you will support and assist in developing the activities of Monument Assurance Belgium through timely and accurate compliance advice. You will gain extensive knowledge of the operations of a Belgian insurance company and will have contact will all different departments. You will closely collaborate with the Chief Corporate Officer and Head of Compliance.
Your tasks will include, among others:
- Assist in the development and update of the AML Program and Sanctions Compliance Program of the BE operations and in the design of the internal practice, measures, procedures and controls relevant to the prevention of Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing, and describing and allocating the appropriateness and limits of responsibility of each department involved;
- Assist in the completion of regulatory filings to the National Bank of Belgium and FSMA, in particular with AML reporting;
- Trainings to personnel
- Deal with general day-to-day queries on regulatory matters;
- Provide support to M&A projects from a compliance perspective as required;
- Support in the organization of operational projects: eg. minuting of the meetings;
- Responsible for the Corporate housekeeping of all the Belgian entities including drafting of documents referring to annual shareholder´s meeting, boards, committees etc.;
- Advocating clean governance practice;
- Promoting an organizational culture committed to integrity and ethical conduct;
- Preparing and drafting specified forms, letters or other legal documents.
- Master in Belgian Law;
- A minimum working experience of 2 years in a legal profession
- Interest for insurance law and AML, corporate law, and/or contract law.
- Sound knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and Power Point);
- Language skills: Excellent command of English and Dutch or French and a good level of the second national language;
- Strong detail orientation;
- Enthusiastic, energetic and entrepreneurial;
- Good communicator with external stakeholders as well as internal stakeholders and colleagues;
- Eager to learn and share knowledge, flexible and open-minded;
- High level of integrity;
- Team player with ability to work autonomously;
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines;
- Service minded and solution oriented;
- The ability to work in a dynamic team with open communication and no strict hierarchies
- The opportunity to be a part of an expanding company with acquisitions that make news headlines
- Plenty of growth possibilities within a young and growing Group
- An environment that stimulates learning and developing your potential
- A competitive renumeration package
Apply immediately with the Apply Button or contact Diether Vandenbussche for more information.
Contact Diether by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +32 477 22 95 52.
When you apply, we will keep your CV and other personal data you give us in our database in accordance with our privacy notice.
This vacancy is in exclusive cooperation with YouConnect | Partners for Legal & HR talent.