BNP Paribas Asset Management (BNPP AM) is the investment management arm of BNP Paribas, one of the world’s major financial institutions. It is responsible for the process of managing and monitoring assets, on behalf of individual, corporate and institutional clients.
Managing and advising EUR 598 billion in assets as at 30 September 2020, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers a comprehensive range of active, passive and quantitative investment solutions covering a broad spectrum of asset classes and regions. With 500 investment professionals and around 500 client servicing specialists, BNP Paribas Asset Management serves clients in 37 countries around the world. Since 2002, BNP Paribas Asset Management has been a major player in sustainable and responsible investing.
As part of the BNP Paribas lawyers team, the legal team of BNPP AM is one independent and collaborative team of legal experts. Their responsibility is to support and protect the Group and more specifically BNPP AM (Belgium) in a challenging and permanently evolving environment.
Their mission is to provide agile and responsive legal support, legal risk management and controls to the Group and BNPP AM (Belgium) in a manner that adheres to the highest standards of excellence and integrity.
As Fund Legal Officer, you are responsible for delivering state of the art legal services and support to the business of BNPP AM Belgium.
As Fund Legal Officer you will be a Business partner, providing legal support and expertise and advising the Product Engineering team and the Business in order to provide BNPP AM & third parties with competitive and legally optimal products in compliance with local and European regulations.
Your tasks will, among others, include:Provide legal support and answer requests and questions about legislation and regulation of products
- Maintain and develop close and reliable relationships with the local Regulatory Authorities and explain/defend the BNPP AM point of view regarding the interpretation of regulations
- Ensure the timely submission of all documents for approval and other legal and administrative tasks
- Follow-up and anticipate the potential evolution of regulation
- Liaise with specialized lawyer’s offices or auditors regarding complex questions or legislation
- Analyse specifications of new products and to ensure their compliance with regulation
- Ensure legal and regulatory integrity of the Funds (stringent requirements of the FSMA e.g. corporate governance, FSMA regulations and circulars...)
- Corporate housekeeping (organization of board and general assembly meetings, drafting of minutes and resolutions, certification of documents, maintaining the list of authorised signatories and other corporate documents, trade registry filings)
- Take charge of all consequences of decisions taken by the Board of Directors, the General Meeting of shareholders, on the legal and administrative levels (products mergers, liquidations)
- Perform appropriate regulatory watch, according to the process and organization defined by the team.
- You obtained a Belgian Master in Law;
- You have at least 2 years of experience in a corporate or financial legal position
- You have an excellent command of English and Dutch/French and a sufficient working knowledge of the second national language;
- You have a good knowledge of the various MS Office tools
- You have good analytical skills
- You have great communication and negotiation skills
- You have an organizational talent and are able to manage risks
- You’re able to work in a team
- You are patient and are eager to learn
- You have a client focused and business oriented approach
- Integrity is an important value to you
BNPP AM offers you a challenging job with a lot of contacts and room for initiatives. You will work in an environment stimulating personal development and growth. You will have the opportunity to work on various interesting legal matters and build your knowledge and expertise.
In addition, BNPP AM offers a highly competitive remuneration package in line with your qualifications and experience, including attractive benefits.
Apply immediately with the Apply Button or contact Diether Vandenbussche for more information.
Contact Diether by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +32 477 22 95 52.
When you apply, we will keep your CV and other personal data you give us in our database in accordance with our privacy notice.
This vacancy is in exclusive cooperation with YouConnect | Partners for Legal & HR talent.