Tokyo-headquartered Bridgestone Corporation is the world’s largest manufacturer of tires and other rubber products. One in five vehicles in the world drives on Bridgestone tires. They employ over 140,000 people around the world and sell their products in more than 150 countries.
As a Senior Legal Counsel, you will serve as a true legal & compliance business partner for BSEMIA region’s central functions (e.g. procurement, logistics, supply chain management (LSCM), manufacturing, finance…) and for certain business units operating in the EMIA region by providing timely, practical, effective and risk-balanced legal and compliance advice and support.
The Senior Legal Counsel will be given the opportunity to create new and improve existing processes related to supporting these functions and businesses, and manage corporate governance for key BSEMIA entities, all the while serving as a part of the Bridgestone Corporation Global Legal Department.
This position with an international focus includes the following responsibilities:
- Serving as a strategic business partner to multiple headquarters-based central functions (e.g. procurement, logistics, supply chain management (LSCM), manufacturing, finance…) by providing legal advice and support, including e.g.:
- Structuring, drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts for the acquisition of goods and services;
- Managing and resolving commercial legal disputes;
- Providing on the spot, day-to-day advice as operational and strategic decision-makers require;
- Acting as legal and compliance business partner for certain global business units operating in the EMIA region;
- Coordinating and managing support provided by other BSEMIA attorneys to other such business units throughout the EMIA region;
- Acting as the “go to” legal resource for questions regarding Belgian law for other members of the legal department;
- Maintaining awareness of and communicating within the legal department and to clients any changes or developments in relevant (Belgian) laws and regulations;
- Effectively managing the performance and costs of outside counsel;
- Corporate governance (with support from a paralegal, addressing corporate formalities for all Bridgestone entities in Belgium and providing training to the legal representatives and directors of BSEMIA entities);
- Driving a culture of compliance in the functions and businesses supported (including monitoring activities, assessing risk, providing training and education and demonstrating uncompromising ethics).
You will be part of a team of 8 legal professionals in Zaventem and a broader team of 40 legal professionals across the wider EMIA region. You will report to the Head of Legal and Compliance – Corporate Functions.
- A Belgian Master degree in Law. A specialization in Corporate Law is considered a plus;
- A minimum of 10 years of business law and corporate law experience, preferably with at least 3 years’ experience at a reputable law firm and 5 years’ inhouse experience;
- Excellent knowledge of English and Dutch and the ability to communicate professionally in French;
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills;
- A dynamic, a problem-solving and pro-active personality;
- Good commercial awareness;
- An energetic, pragmatic, agile and courageous mindset, who takes ownership and has a high commitment.
You will be part of an international company, where you will be given every opportunity to further develop your talents. Bridgestone is an energetic and dynamic company, where change happens at a rapid pace.
On top of that, Bridgestone offers you an attractive salary package and the possibility to work from home up to 3 days per week.
Apply immediately with the Apply Button or contact Fien Stepman for more information.
Contact Fien by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +32 486 92 94 38.
When you apply, we will keep your CV and other personal data you give us in our database in accordance with our privacy notice.