Baker McKenzie is a global law firm advising many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through 78 offices in 46 countries. The firm works together across borders, markets and industries worldwide.
Baker McKenzie Belgium’s Tax Practice Group is one of the leading legal tax practices in Belgium adept at assisting domestic and multinational clients with a broad range of tax matters, including transfer pricing and wealth management, with dedicated practitioners for indirect taxes and HR related tax matters, and covering both an advisory and litigation practice. The office has high profile corporate (M&A) and real estate practices, and the tax group actively collaborates with these teams on transactional matters. The team also has economist capabilities. To strengthen this team, Baker McKenzie would like to hire a Senior Tax Associate.
You will advise clients on a wide range of complex tax matters often on an international basis including:
- Advising on (international) corporate tax matters in high profile files
- Tax structuring and advice on M&A and real estate transactions
- Tax assistance to clients in corporate reorganisations (mergers, (partial) de-mergers, etc.), including obtaining of tax rulings.
- Advising on application of EU Directives, Double Tax Treaties, etc.
- Working together with broader tax team and, depending on the level of experience, being able to take the lead on certain matters with supervision of work performed by others
- You obtained a Belgian Master of Laws Degree and can present a strong academic track record
- You have at least 3 years (preferably 6 to 8 years) of relevant and international experience within the tax department of a well reputed law firm or Big 4
- You gained expertise in international corporate tax with specific focus on M&A, corporate reorganisations and real estate related tax matters
- You have excellent communication skills
- You have an excellent knowledge of Dutch and English and a very good knowledge of French
- You have a strong drive and learning curve to take the lead on files
- You are down-to-earth, flexible and client oriented
- Baker McKenzie gives you the opportunity to work at one of Belgium’s leading law firms where Tax is a core practice
- Named International Tax Firm of the year in 2019 & 2020
- A truly international environment demonstrated by the level of cooperation between the different law offices of Baker McKenzie
- Possibility to work at a law firm that proactively cultivates a diverse and inclusive environment
- The possibility to further develop your legal skills in tax law (on the job and via trainings)
- Regular and direct contact with clients depending on your level of responsibility
- Realistic internal career opportunities and opportunities for secondments with clients and to other offices under the firm's associate exchange program
- Flexibility in organizing your work
- A highly competitive remuneration package.
Apply immediately with the Apply Button or contact Kathleen Peirsman for more information.
Contact Kathleen by mail: email@example.com or call +32 473 49 71 80.
When you apply, we will keep your CV and other personal data you give us in our database in accordance with our privacy notice.