Allen & Overy is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. Embracing new trends and harnessing decades of experience, they’ve earned their place at the forefront of the legal industry. Their partners are recognised as leaders in their field and their deals and cases often make headline business news. As a result, they’ve developed a reputation for delivering excellence, in all that they do. Today, they’re continuing to break new ground. By embracing new ways of thinking and integrating technology into their everyday work, they’ve been named as the Most Innovative Law Firm in Europe by the Financial Times five times.
Join their team and you’ll be part of a flexible, inclusive culture underpinned by openness and acceptance. They’re driven by the belief that, to perform, people need support and space to collaborate. By combining those values with an ambitious outlook, they can give you the opportunity to thrive.
To sustain its growth, Allen & Overy Belgium is currently looking for a Knowledge Lawyer for their Litigation practice in Brussels or Antwerp. You will become part of an established Belgian Know-How team as well as the Belgian Litigation team.
Allen & Overy's Belgian Litigation practice consists of 19 specialist lawyers based in their Antwerp and Brussels offices. This leading practice aims to help clients resolve a dispute before it escalates and assist clients if a dispute cannot be avoided.
They handle litigation in the areas of product liability, construction and projects, insurance, insolvency, aviation, distribution and franchising. Specific teams deal with digitization, energy, asset finance, banking litigation, corporate and post-closing litigation, white-collar crime and arbitration.
Role and responsibilities
Key areas of responsibility include:
Capitalising on legal expertise
- Monitoring, analysing and summarising legal developments while actively broadening your expertise in these areas;
- Encouraging lawyers in your practice to maintain and further develop their expertise level (by for example delivering trainings and presentations as well as writing practice notes);
- Contributing to and (when relevant) managing the practice group’s and firm-wide know-how projects and working groups;
- Using your own expertise to advise and provide assistance to lawyers, cross-selling your practice group expertise and responding to follow-up queries from other practice groups and offices;
- Capturing know-how from lawyers;
- Coordinating and steering lawyers in the development of documents or their contribution to know-how projects;
- Organising and contributing to practice group knowledge meetings;
- Legal tech: initiate and/or promote the use of the most effective and innovative channels to market;
- Driving and contributing to thought leadership, proactively identifying business development opportunities;
- Identifying new/relevant legal trends in the business community and assessing impact thereof on our clients;
- Identifying relevant topics and drafting or contributing to publications, external e-alerts or tailored insights addressed to clients;
- Preparing and delivering trainings, webinars and seminars to clients;
- Providing legal input for client pitches.
- You obtained a Belgian Master in Law;
- You have at least 4 years of experience as a (knowledge) lawyer in the field of litigation;
- Academic experience would be a plus;
- You have an excellent command of English, French and Dutch;
- You have strong technical and analytical skills;
- You are dynamic and willing to take initiatives;
- You are proactive and like to take ownership;
- You have an outgoing approach, a good business sense and you are a strong team player.
We believe Allen & Overy’s positive, team-oriented culture sets them apart. You will be embraced by a diverse, open-minded, talented, multicultural team challenging you to bring out the best version of yourself. The focus will be on your personal and professional development.
In addition, Allen & Overy offers a highly competitive remuneration package in line with your qualifications and experience (including luncheon vouchers, an employee assistance programme (EAP), in-house self-service restaurant, free public transportation, an insurance package, extra-legal holidays, sports facilities etc.).
Apply immediately with the Apply Button or contact Clara Creve for more information.
Contact Clara by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call +32 496 78 48 03.
When you apply, we will keep your CV and other personal data you give us in our database in accordance with our privacy notice.