Incofin is a leading international impact investment company focused on investing in dynamically managed enterprises in emerging countries. Incofin wants to improve the lives of the more vulnerable or less privileged people. By doing so, Incofin is committed to deliver attractive returns to its investors. The company has more than 20 years of experience in dealing with risk capital in the form of debt and equity investments and currently has approx. EUR 1 billion committed assets under management. Incofin has a loyal investor base comprising leading development funds, banks, insurance companies, pension funds, alternative investment funds, high net worth and retail investors.
Incofin has an international team of approx. 70 people, including +/- 35 investment professionals, spread across its regional teams. The management team combines 40+ years of impact investing experience and has built a strong network linking reputed investors to high potential investees. Incofin is AIFM licensed. All of Incofin’s activities come under the umbrella of strong values and purpose. Incofin commits to the highest professional standards and ethical values and goals.
As a Compliance Manager, you will monitor and supervise the compliance of the organization with laws, regulations, and internal rules. Moreover, you will prevent (or mitigate) the reputational and integrity risks the organization might encounter.
Your main responsibilities will consist in
- Identifying and monitoring regulatory (and other) developments ;
- Preparation of the annual AML-CFT & compliance reports, compliance action plan, internal control statement and other regulatory reporting for the FSMA as well as reporting to the regulators, supervisors, respective committees, Board of Directors or Senior management;
- Monitoring and mapping of compliance risks and set-up of a compliance action plan with corrective measures in the organization in order to limit the infringement of laws, regulations and other internal rules (code of conduct, ...);
- Training and raising awareness on the relevant laws and regulation, internal rules, policies and procedures amongst the employees of the organization;
- Be the AMLCO of several funds and ensure that all AML-CFT policies & procedures are properly implemented by the first line of defence. Deal with selected high risk AML/KYC, conflict of interest, whistleblowing and other compliance related issues that are escalated by the first line.
- Enhancement, development, implementation and maintenance of the compliance related registers (Conflict of Interests, Grievance, Whistleblowing, gifts& invitations,…), policies, procedures and tools within the organization;
- Developing & performing second line controls and tests on the implementation of relevant policies and procedures of the first line departments and report the results to the respective committees and senior management;
- GDPR implementation: coordinate the execution of the GDPR implementation plan and act as Privacy Officer.
Your work and actions will have a considerable impact within the organization, either “direct” by avoiding the quantitative (monetary) measurable sanctions as mentioned in diverse regulation, or “indirect” by avoiding reputational risks and see to it (via a.o.controls) that employees comply with diverse regulation in the execution of their work (AML/KYC, GDPR, etc.), that no bad clients get onboarded, ...
As a compliance manager you will interact on a regular basis with the investment department and the legal department of the organization and you will have an important role within the compliance committee
- You hold a Master’s Degree in Law or Economics, Finance but with adequate compliance / legal background
- You can rely on 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in the field of compliance
- You are a team player, willing to give and receive feedback, and being able to combine an eager to learn attitude with humor and integrity
- You have very good interpersonal skills and enjoy working with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Your English and Dutch or French language skills are outstanding. Knowledge of any other language will be considered as a plus
- You want the company to grow and you want to grow within the company. Therefore, you will take initiatives and can work independently
- You have excellent organizational skills
- You are passionate about Incofin's business and impact
- We offer you a dynamic work environment and the opportunity to be a part of a leading international investment firm.
- We offer a variety of intellectually exciting work and the opportunity to work with other departments in an interdisciplinary way, both in Belgium and internationally.
- We offer dedicated local and global training programmes
- We offer an attractive financial package.
Apply immediately with the Apply Button or contact Kathleen Peirsman for more information.
Contact Kathleen by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +32 473 49 71 80.
When you apply, we will keep your CV and other personal data you give us in our database in accordance with our privacy notice.