STOW is one of the leading suppliers of storage solutions. Its core activity is the development and manufacturing of top-quality racking systems for the storage of palletised or small goods and longer items, as well as mezzanine structures. Stow is focused on high quality and flexible system solutions, fully compliant with latest norms & regulations. STOW was crowned as “Company of the year” in 2020 and has a healthy growth track record.
With 9 industrial sites, 13 commercial entities and an extensive distributor network, STOW ensures a well-spread geographical presence in Europe. In order to support its growth, STOW is looking for a junior legal counsel.
The Junior Legal Counsel is a member of the Legal & Compliance Department at Stow’s headquarters (Spiere-Helkijn). As Junior Legal Counsel you will assist the Group Legal Counsel & Compliance Officer by providing legal support to all business lines, group services and companies of the Stow Group in accomplishing their strategies and objectives. Although the scope of work is broad and diverse, the primary focus will be on assisting in setting up a compliance framework and program and providing legal advice in the field of commercial and contract law.
More in particular, your role will consist of the following:
- Providing accurate legal advice and practical solutions based on legal risk assessment to the business in order to ensure legal compliance in a variety of legal areas (corporate law, commercial law, contract law, intellectual property law, etc.).
- Assisting in setting up, rolling out and maintaining a robust compliance framework and program for the Stow Group (GDPR, data protection, anti-bribery, Code of Conduct, etc.) and contributing to the implementation of group policies, procedures, guidelines to reduce the legal risk of the Stow Group entities.
- Cooperating in the day-to day activities of the Legal and Compliance Department and functioning as a business partner for internal customers of different departments within the group (marketing, sales, procurement, engineering, supply chain, tax, F&A, IT, etc.).
- Drafting and reviewing agreements to be entered into by the Stow Group entities (commercial agreements, letters of intent, confidentiality agreements, purchase and sales agreements, etc.).
- Assisting in corporate housekeeping activities.
- Actively follow-up of changes in legislation or new legislation, which can have an impact on the business and translate such legislation to the business.
- Contributing to the standardization of the legal documentation (agreements, general terms and conditions, checklists, etc.).
- Developing the “legal reflex” of the business, by setting up amongst others legal training, providing legal tools (such as, legal checklists, contract templates, etc.) in order to help the business partners to work autonomously.
- Handling and following-up litigations and court cases.
- Explore digitalization options for the Group Legal and Compliance Department.
- You obtained a Belgian Master of Laws Degree (ideally with at least a specialization in economic law, contract law or corporate law).
- You have 2 to 4 years of experience and technical knowledge in the above-mentioned areas, and in particular in drafting and reviewing commercial agreements, gained as a lawyer in a reputable internationally oriented law firm and/or as an in-house legal counsel in a multinational group (familiarity with an industrial and/or manufacturing environment is considered a plus).
- You have experience in compliance or a keen willingness to build expertise in this field.
- You are willing to act as a gatekeeper protecting the company while striving for the best commercial result for the STOW Group.
- You are fluently trilingual Dutch, English and French. Knowledge of any other foreign language will be considered as an asset.
- You are pro-active, hands-on, pragmatic, initiative–taker, solution oriented with a can do mentality and an enthusiastic attitude.
- You have a thorough sense of responsibility, ownership, integrity, quality and precision.
- You are able to work in an autonomous way and to effectively discuss legal and compliance matters with internal stakeholders and senior management.
- You are flexible to travel (occasionally in function of projects).
STOW group offers you the possibility to grow and evolve together with the company and under the guidance of an experienced legal counsel. They offer an attractive and competitive salary package and a full-time employment.
Apply immediately with the Apply Button or contact Kathleen Peirsman for more information.
Contact Kathleen by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +32 473 49 71 80.
When you apply, we will keep your CV and other personal data you give us in our database in accordance with our privacy notice.