Baker McKenzie is a global law firm advising many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through 78 offices in 46 countries. The firm works together across borders, markets and industries worldwide.
Baker McKenzie Belgium’s Employment Team is one of the leading legal Employment practices in Belgium adept at assisting domestic and multinational clients with a broad range of employment matters, including collective bargaining agreements, restructurings, individual and collective dismissals and business migration matters. To strengthen its Employment team, Baker McKenzie would like to hire an associate employment law.
You will advise clients on a wide range of complex employment matters often on an international basis including:
- Advice on day to day individual and collective labour law matters
- Individual and collective dismissals and restructurings
- Employment aspects of integration, post-acquisition integration and other corporate projects
- Labor relations with employee representative bodies
- Employment Litigation
- Executive compensation & employee benefits
- Equity matters
Your responsibilities will also include:
- Developing relationships with clients including gaining a good knowledge of the client’s businesses, economic drivers, and market and sector requirements in order to ensure the advice is relevant and commercial
- Engaging in business development activities
- Working as part of a team including assisting with the supervision of other lawyers and taking an active part in sharing knowledge and experience within the team
- You have a strong academic background (Belgian Master of Law)
- You have 2 to 6 years of relevant experience
- You possess an excellent command of English and Dutch and a good passive knowledge of French
- You have high quality work standards
- You have excellent communication skills and are able to give pragmatic commercial advice in a business-friendly way
- You are a team player who is also able to work independently
- The opportunity to work at one of Belgium’s leading law firms and a firm which has been named 11 times Acritas’ World’s Strongest Law Firm Brand and Global Law Firm of the Year in Europe at the Lawyer European Awards 2020
- A truly international environment demonstrated by the level of cooperation between the different law offices of Baker McKenzie
- Possibility to work at a law firm that proactively cultivates a diverse and inclusive environment
- The possibility to further develop your legal skills in employment law
- Regular and direct contact with clients depending on your level of responsibility
- Realistic internal career opportunities and opportunities for secondments with clients and to other offices under the firm's associate exchange program
- A highly competitive remuneration package.
Apply immediately with the Apply Button or contact Diether Vandenbussche for more information.
Contact Diether by mail: email@example.com or call +32 477 22 95 52.
When you apply, we will keep your CV and other personal data you give us in our database in accordance with our privacy notice.