BNP Paribas Asset Management (BNPP AM) is the investment management arm of BNP Paribas, one of the world’s major financial institutions. It is responsible for the process of managing and monitoring assets, on behalf of individual, corporate and institutional clients.
Managing and advising EUR 634 billion in assets as at 30 September 2021, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers a comprehensive range of active, passive and quantitative investment solutions covering a broad spectrum of asset classes and regions. With around 500 investment professionals and more than 400 client servicing specialists, BNP Paribas Asset Management serves clients in 37 countries around the world. Since 2002, BNP Paribas Asset Management has been a major player in sustainable and responsible investing.
As part of the BNP Paribas lawyers team, the legal team of BNPP AM is one independent and collaborative team of legal experts. Their responsibility is to support and protect the Group and more specifically BNPP AM (Belgium) in a challenging and permanently evolving environment.
Their mission is to provide agile and responsive legal support, legal risk management and controls to the Group and BNPP AM (Belgium) in a manner that adheres to the highest standards of excellence and integrity.
As Legal Counsel, you are responsible for delivering state of the art legal services and support to the business of BNPP AM (Belgium).
As Legal Counsel you will:
- mainly be involved in the procurement related activities of BNPP AM. You will prepare and maintain provider agreements such as advisory agreements, distribution agreements, rebate agreements, placement agreements, IT agreements, consultancy agreements, confidentiality agreements and others;
- fulfill a legal advisory role and provide full legal support and advice to BNPP AM Belgium on various legal issues and topics and ensure updated information on all legal and regulatory developments;
- take on a legal watch role. In a consulting role you will give legal opinions, anticipate and create awareness on legal developments and new legislation and ensure proper and timely implementation together with the business;
- manage any contentious legal matters arising (litigation, arbitration, client claims, class actions), ensuring smooth coordination with Group Dispute Resolution and minimizing financial and reputational damage;
- implement and work in compliance with the different policies applicable to the Legal Function. Ensure the different filings and reportings applicable to the Legal Function;
- participate in projects.
- You obtained a Belgian Master in Law;
- You have at least 3 years of experience as a lawyer and/or inhouse legal counsel and are familiar with various types of agreements;
- You have an excellent command of English, Dutch and/or French;
- Knowledge in asset management legal issues, financial law, outsourcing (EBA guidelines), IT & sourcing is a plus;
- You are dynamic and eager to learn;
- You like working in a team but function equally well in your home office.
BNPP AM offers you a challenging job with a lot of contacts and room for initiatives. You will work in an environment stimulating personal development and growth. You will have the opportunity to work on various interesting legal matters and build your knowledge and expertise.
In addition, BNPP AM offers a highly competitive remuneration package in line with your qualifications and experience, including attractive benefits.
Apply immediately with the Apply Button or contact Clara Creve for more information.
Contact Clara by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +32 496 78 48 03.
When you apply, we will keep your CV and other personal data you give us in our database in accordance with our privacy notice.