To build on its success, Immobel is offering a highly attractive opportunity to a Compliance Manager with a minimum of 5 years of compliance related experience, who can inspire the entire Immobel team to meet the regulatory and legal obligations.
Immobel is the largest listed real estate developer in Belgium. The Group, which dates back to 1863, creates high-quality, future-proof urban environments with a positive impact on the way people live, work and play, and specializes in mixed real estate. With a market capitalization of over EUR 650 million and a portfolio of more than 1,600,000 m² of project development in 6 countries (Belgium, Grand Duchy of Luxembourg, Poland, France, Spain, Germany), Immobel occupies a leading position in the European real estate landscape. The group strives for sustainability in urban development. Furthermore, it uses part of its profits to support good causes in the areas of health, culture and social inclusion. Approximately 200 people work at Immobel.
As a Compliance Manager you ensure that the business is meeting all its regulatory and legal obligations, including FSMA regulations. You create internal policies for the business and you ensure these are followed at all times. You will advise senior management and will train (inter)national employees on all relevant policies.
You will report to the Group CFO.
This position includes the following main duties:
- Developing and implementing compliance policies and procedures (AML, whistleblowing, GDPR, KYC, etc.);
- Ensuring the business is up to date on legislation, regulation and best practices;
- Inspiring and leading a culture of compliance;
- Train (international) employees on internal policies;
- Conduct regular/periodic compliance checks in liaison with legal departments, corporate affairs and CSR and report conclusions and recommendations to Executive Committee and to Audit & Risk Committee;
- Maintain regular contact and build relationship with supervising authorities (FSMA, CETIF, COB, etc…);
- Ad hoc support to specific requests related to compliance.
- A Master’s degree preferably in Law or Economics;
- A minimum of 5 years of working experience in a compliance related department in a large corporate;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a good judgement;
- Good organizational skills, strong sense of ethics and an eye for detail;
- An outgoing, hands-on and dynamic mindset, who takes ownership and can inspire the entire team;
- An excellent knowledge of Dutch and/or French and a very good command of English;
- The willingness to make occasionally business trips to Paris and Luxembourg.
- Besides the challenging function, you will get continuous training internally and externally to sharpen your hard- and soft skills;
- A very pleasant working environment in an ambitious, enterprising team and a company focused on ‘growth for excellence’;
- Career opportunities;
- An attractive remuneration and benefit package.
Apply immediately with the Apply Button or contact Kathleen Peirsman for more information.
Contact Kathleen by mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +32 473 49 71 80.
When you apply, we will keep your CV and other personal data you give us in our database in accordance with our privacy notice.